Car Insurance Claims
Need to report an accident?
Desjardins Insurance is here for you. Contact us as fast as possible so we can get the claims process started and get you the help you need. You’ll be in the care of a claims expert, who will take charge of the situation and your immediate needs.
Help the Claims Expert Help YOU
Our goal is to guide you smoothly through the claims process, so your life can get back to normal as quickly as possible.
Here’s what to expect:
Auto Insurance Claim
- Have the info you gathered at the scene on hand for your call with the claims expert. You’ll be asked to describe what happened in detail. The call could last 30 minutes.
- Calling directly from the scene? We’ll help get you the emergency roadside assistance you need (perhaps a tow truck or rental vehicle, for example).
- Next steps? We prepare a damage assessment report and arrange for repairs according to your policy coverage.
- Time to pick up your vehicle. You simply pay the deductible indicated in your auto insurance policy and return your rental vehicle if you have one.
It’s that easy – just as it should be for YOU.
Theft or Fire?
If your claim is related to a theft or fire, here’s what to do:
- Make a list of lost or damaged property
- Gather together all the proofs of ownership you can find: receipts, bills, user manuals, photographs, warranties, original packaging, etc.
If you’re covered for compensation, we’ll get your claim processed as quickly as possible and keep you in the picture every step of the way. It’s what YOU deserve.
24/7 Claims Response
Whatever the time of day, you can reach us. We offer 24/7 emergency claims assistance from anywhere in North America.
Take advantage of our extended sales and service hours. They’re there for your convenience.
You can also file a claim by using our Online Client Services.